Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Trying to move forward...somewhat

     Jen and MaKayla are now here from Texas- it has been a lot of fun having them here...I forgot how much Jen and I laugh when we are together!  We are going to my sweet nephews wedding at Bear Lake tomorrow and I will be taking the pix.  I am a bit apprehensive about how I will feel, I haven't seen many of these folks since the funeral- but I am excited to see them too.  Then on Sunday I leave for California for a week long leadership conference for work- I am looking forward to spending time with my friends and relaxing a bit, there is something to be said for only being responsible for myself for a day or two.  My parents live right by me so they help me out with the boys while I am gone- I think they could use a break from me too.  I work with the most supportive and loving group of people, a bit like a second family.  (You know even with the crazies you still make it work!)
     One of my former employees passed away on Monday- wow it was a lot harder than I had anticipated.  She had MS and was actually the person that convinced us to try another Neuro Doc (hers) after so many bad ones-Dr James was the doc that finally was able to diagnose Glenn.  She called me after Glenn died to offer her sympathy, I did not know she had become so sick.  She retired from work about a year ago she was only 32.  You just never know where your path will lead, so much of what we endure is unavoidable. My prayers are with her loved ones- she always could make me laugh.  I wanted to go to the viewing but my counselor said I am no where near ready for that and that it is too soon.  Not sure when I will ever be ready for another funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment