Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Texas

Had a great tine in Texas- spent two days in Galveston on the beach, then went to a Rangers game, to the JFK Museum, 6 flags, water parks and shopping...I need a vacation now..:)  It was fun, but nothing takes away the pain of losing Glenn, don't know if anything ever will.  It hits me at the weirdest times and I do not even try to hold back anymore- resistance is futile..  The kids struggle too- so we just cry together and feel better after.  Glenn's headstone should have been put in and it hasn't yet- it will be nice to have something there besides just a cement slab.  I don't know if I really feel him there- but it is a nice quiet place to go and just talk to him- I always feel better afterwords.  Kids will be starting school soon and I will be going back to work.  I am wondering if it will feel better or if it will feel like ripping a scab off that isn't healed.  I guess time will tell.  I will welcome the distraction I know that for sure.  I really like my job and the people I work with so that will be good for me I think- I just wonder about the kids-the last time Glenn was here was the last couple days of school, but hopefully they can create new happy memories and focus on their work...

No comments:

Post a Comment